almonds, blackberries, blueberries, breakfast, cranberries, dairy-free, food, gluten-free, healthy, low calorie recipes, low-calorie, low-fat, medjool dates, non-dairy, oil-free, protein, quinoa, raspberries, raspberry, rice milk, soy-free, strawberries, sugar-free, vegan
Quinoa Berry Bowl
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups rice milk, unsweetened
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries, or cranberries
- 3-4 cups mixed berries, fesh or frozen
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the quinoa, rice milk, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dried berries. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered until the rice milk has been absorbed. 10-15 minutes.
Stir in frozen berried and continue to cook until the berries have thawed completely.
Serve warm topped with slivered almonds or chill overnight and serve cold.